Thursday, January 5, 2012

Breaking News: I'm Not Very Fast

My wife called me out on my four goals for one marathon stunt from a couple days ago.  We discussed my quest to qualify for Boston and decided it will probably not happen on my first attempt.  There is ample evidence to support that claim, by the way.  I have, therefore, revised my Utah Valley Marathon goal.

Goal:  Finish the race without soiling myself, preferably in 3:45 or less.  You may be thinking that I'm copping out or quitting.  Not true.  I'm just getting started on this not being slower than a rhino with his horn stuck in a cottonwood tree phase of running and although the improvements have been solid (I set another 3-mile pr yesterday), they are not enough to realistically challenge the long term goal of qualifying for Boston.

It will probably take a few tries to get this done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment