Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What did I get myself into?

I loved my Monday morning run so much that I did it again on Tuesday.  I did a Max Insanity video Monday and Tuesday afternoon.  I had planned on an easy day today but changed my  mind.  I lifted weights in the morning and did mile repeats in the afternoon.

What was I thinking?

I had never done mile repeats before.  I had no idea what to expect.  Now I know.  I only did two of them and if I can maintain that pace for an additional 24.2 miles with no rest in between, I'll almost qualify for Boston.  Nothing has ever seemed more impossible.

****
Workout Update

My body is handling the increased work load quite well.  I altered my original schedule to accommodate my new found love of morning runs.  Tomorrow (Thursday) will be an actual rest day.  I'm sleeping in and doing some kind of Yoga in the afternoon.  I'm going eight miles on Friday morning, which means I'll have to get up at 4:30.  I'll work out back and biceps on Saturday and call it a week unless I feel like strengthening my core.  That'll make 21 miles for the week with a couple of serious fitness workouts and some weights.

The 2 months of Insanity has prepared my body well for the training I'll need to do for the upcoming 26.2 miles of insanity.

2 comments:

  1. I love morning runs. Unfortunately during winter I can do them in the weekends. Only in the summer can I get them in during the week when my kids are not in school.

    BTW... come June 4th I will be in too much pain to brag about anything. Glad to here I'm not the only one doing their first 26.2 this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm training for my first official 26.2 race as well, and mine is at the end of February. I'm am no where near as fast as you are (I tend to settle around a 9:30ish pace), but I just started running again in July of 2011 after taking a 20+ year "break".

    Morning runs are amazing aren't they. Since school started in September, I have to be done and showered by 6:00 a.m. to get the little one ready for school, so getting up at 4:00 has become a routine. It wasn't easy to get in that habit, and it still isn't every single day (although it is most days), but it can be done.

    Great pace and nice run !!!

    ReplyDelete