So I'm going with the 12 Days of Fitmas (x2) gimmick. It started today and runs to about 4:00 P.M. on Christmas Eve. On day 13 I'll start over at one. The program is simple. For each "day of Christmas" I'll do something fitnessy for that day matching the number.
- Day 1 - Do one new workout video.
- Day 2 - Eat two servings of vegetables before lunch.
- Day 3 - Run three extra miles.
- Day 4 - Do four extra pushups on each round of exercises.
- Day 5 - Add five pounds to each exercise.
- Day 6 - Add six minutes to evening run.
I think you get the point. You don't really have to plan it out in advance. Figure it out as you go along. The key is to have fitness in the front of your mind instead of having it crowded out by egg nog and candy.
Share some of your 12 Days of Fitmas ideas or share what you do to stay in shape over the holidays in the comments section.