Saturday, December 17, 2011

Training Update and Barefoot Running Debut

The calf is feeling much better.  I'm doing no actual training runs for at least another week.  That hasn't, however, stopped me from training.  I've been doing double Insanity workouts--three times this week.  That includes doing one Max Insanity disc, not including the final stretch, immediately followed by a regular Insanity disc, including the warm up but not the warm up stretch.  For those familiar with the discs, the Insanity warm up is about twice as hard as a "normal" workout.

After completing three doubles this week, all I can say is a 10-mile run never sounded so good.

I do P 90 X weight lifting on the in between days, along with a recovery workout, making six good workouts per week with a rest on Sunday.  Yesterday, I jogged a half-mile indoors barefoot.  It was fun.  I've been doing Insanity workouts barefoot, so it wasn't that big of a shock to the feet.  I'm thinking about getting some minimalist shoes so I can run outside.  I don't know if I'll make the full shift to barefoot running, but barefoot Insanity has helped my form, warded off PF (despite what the experts say) and saved me money on socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment